Don't miss this opportunity. All Veterans who have served during a defined period of war and who need assistance with paying for care at home, in an assisted living facility, or in a nursing home, are eligible for this improved pension. Income and assets do not have to be a barrier. Contact us to discuss your situation.

You served us when we needed you most . . . it is our turn to return the favor!

Click Here to start the application process



Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefit

Steve Dabbs

VA Accredited Claims Agent
Accredited By the Department of Veterans Affairs

What is the Aid and Attendance Pension?

The Veteran can receive more than $25,000 per each year, tax-free, to help pay for the high cost of long-term care.

As a wartime married Veteran of any branch of the US military, you may be eligible for up to $25,440 of tax-free income per year. Veterans must be fully disabled or over 65 and rely on the assistance of another individual for daily living activities.
The VA Improved Pension Aid and Attendance is a program in which individuals who served in the military during World War II, the Korean Conflict, the Vietnam War, or the First Gulf War starting in 1990, are eligible for a special VA pension. The benefit extends to the Veteran's spouse and surviving spouse of a Veteran who served during wartime. The spouse did not have to be married to the Veteran at the time of service. Common law marriages are recognized for eligibility.

The pension is paid tax free to help cover home health care, an assisted living facility, and nursing home costs. A family member can also provide home health care, and the Veteran can pay that person for the care given.

If you or your spouse served our country during a period of war, check out your eligibility for this benefit. If you require assistance at home, live in a senior retirement community or assisted living facility, or if nursing home care is inevitable, you may be able to raise your standard of living or move into a facility where you can receive all the care you need.

Fill out this simple contact form or call us at 855-827-3674.

The Program


Making the decision

The VA Pension will provide needed tax-free funds to help pay for the assistance of someone to help with daily activities such as eating, dressing, mobility, toileting, or bathing. The benefit is for all Veterans; however, if the Veteran is over the age of 65, the need for care does not have to be service-connected. Mental incapacity due to dementia or Alzheimer's disease, hip replacements, and even blindness and other diseases of old age may qualify the Veteran or spouse for this benefit. Friends, relatives, or professional staff can provide this care at home, in an assisted living facility, or in a nursing home.

What can you receive?

A married veteran can receive up to $2,120 per month; a single veteran may receive up to $1,788 per month. The benefit for care for a spouse is $1,403, while that for a surviving spouse is just over $1,149 per month. These benefits are tax free and do not affect any Social Security payments.

Who is eligible for Benefits?

Veterans who served during a period of war, their spouses, their surviving spouses, or their dependent children. Veterans must have served for at least one day during the period of war, 90 consecutive days of active duty, and honorable discharge.
Need for aid does not have to be service-related for those over the age of 65. For those under 65, assistance is available for total disability or for service-related partial disabilities.

General Guidelines

  • Veterans must have had 90 days of active service with at least one day of service during a defined period of war.

  • To receive a benefit, a surviving spouse must still have been married to the Veteran when he or she passed away.

  • A completed Physician’s Evaluation must state that you are in need of an aide or attendant on a daily basis.

  • You must have received an honorable or general discharge.
  • You may receive a benefit to pay for care at home, an assisted living facility, or a nursing home. Care can be provided by family, friends, or professionals.

If you have assets in excess of the allowable limits, you may still be able to qualify with proper planning. Call us today to learn how you can benefit from this improved pension.

What to do next?

We can provide you with all the forms to start the application process.

In addition, you should begin the documentation to be filed with the application: original discharge papers, marriage certificates, birth certificates and financial records.

If you have additional questions about your eligibility or the amount of benefit that may be available to you, please contact us at 855-827-3674.

picturepicturepicture of a phoenix family discussing long term care insurance with picture of an az in home care professional place by a agent.
picture po home care options for seniors placement service phoenix az. picture of happy seniors in a nursing home placed by az senior placement service, service scottsdsle az, mesa az and phoenix az. picture senior living housing of AZ, phoenix memory care, retirement community, senior care, care for seniors, phx, az. picture of what is assisted living, assisted living assisted living, assisted living in phoenix az.
picture of nursing facility, homes retirement, home care nursing, nursing faccility, sernior placement picture picture of assisted, nursing facility, assisted living in tempe az, long term care search az, az assisted living home search. picture of independent living az, senior living, care nursing homes az